Thursday, July 29, 2010

Haskell #001 Complete!

So a bit of soldering, design, troubleshooting, and woodworking over the course of the last 10 months and this is what I've come up with...

She's all done. Well, technically. I still need to track down a bit of gold mesh grill material for the top and back vents, but other than that, I'm ready to call it done.

I plan on getting some really good quality audio recorded in the not too distant future, so stay tuned. Here's one more for your eyes.

Monday, July 5, 2010

99.99% of the way there...

So this past holiday weekend I finally managed to get a few coats of stain and then a few coats of clear onto the cabinet. My brown leather handle and the rubber feet are now enroute from eBay. Here she is...

The Presence knob is missing, but that's because the knobs that are on it suck. I have a set of official Marshall replacements with locking screw, but I'm going to wait on the handle and feet and install all that gear at once to have it complete.

Another thing I did this weekend was I replaced an 8.2K resistor on the tone stack with the originally called for 10K. I'd noticed that when turning the preamp up over 8 that things would start to break up. Swapping in the 10K cleared it all up and now I can stick the preamp all the way to 11 and it's golden. The moment this thing is 100%, I'm going to set up my recording gear and get some nice samples of this thing online.