Monday, May 3, 2010

Temporary Detour

I've been waiting for the weather to warm up for a while now and decided to go ahead and try something out. I ordered an ITS8 pedal kit from General Guitar Gadgets! It's an Ibanez TS808 ("Tubescreamer") clone. It's a very neat, PCB based kit. It comes with everything you need to just fire up your soldering iron and get down to business.


The first thing I did was hit the case with a nice even coat of primer. I'm going to go with a sea-foam green color for the case, and then hit it with a couple coats of clear to keep it protected. I'm thinking about what I may put on it for graphics, I'll probably have a better idea once I get the first coast of paint on it. I figure I'll just stencil some black on there. Here's a look at the kit components.


This will go together quick so keep an eye on things! It's going to sound quite nice pushing through the JCM800 clone for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment