Thursday, August 20, 2009

Let the spending continue!

So I just finished placing an order with Ceriatone in Malaysia for the chassis, face plates, and both the voltage and impedance selectors.


I also just finished placing an order with Triode Electronics in Chicago for a bundled set of transformers and choke. As you can see from the pictures they are Plain Jane and non-finished so I plan on doing some cosmetic work on these babies to make them look really nice.


I also just completed the ordering process for all of the internals from Watts Tube Audio. Now comes the waiting game. I should have most of what I need in a week or so, and should be on track to get the circuit board all done up before the chassis shows up.

I've started to put some thought into what I am going to do for a head cabinet when the time comes to put the assembled chassis in something. One idea I have is to do a nice birch cabinet done in the style of an old plexi stained really dark, with a clear fibreglas piece in the front that would allow you to see the tubes glowing and the transformers. We'll see how it develops as time progresses...

1 comment: