Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Start of the Journey...

So, here we are. Yesterday marked the beginning of my journey into tube amplifier building. I cleaned out a ton of stuff from my raggedy old shed (it didn't get that way on my watch, I inherited it when we bought this house back in December) and had myself a nice 7 hour fire last night to "take care" of it all. It was mostly wood...

This evening I went out and bought myself a simple 8" Jobmate drill press from Canadian Tire, a power bar and cheap extension cord with a light bulb socket. My shed is now equipped with electricity and a shiny new drill press. Maybe I'll take a picture of it once the new NiMH's I bought are done charging. (edit: charged!)


So here we go. I plan on doing a JCM800 2204 clone for my first build. I'm borrowing Joe Popp's schematic from his JCM Twins build. I went ahead earlier and parted out the entire diagram and am now in the process of putting it all into a spreadsheet so I have an easy way of managing what I've bought and what I have left to buy. Back to the spreadsheet before Hell's Kitchen comes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment